Easter is all about the spring sunshine (let’s not hold our breath on that one), fluffy little lambs, gorging on chocolate until you reach a state of nausea and the religious connotations, but it’s also a fantastic opportunity to relax.
With no bank holidays since the start of the year, this is the perfect opportunity to kick back, put your feet up and enjoy some fantastic television. But what’s on? Arguably, Christmas didn’t really deliver when it came to unmissable television, but can Easter make amends?
First things first, you need to make sure your digital television services are in perfect working order. Thankfully, our aerial installation and repair services can resolve any issues quickly and efficiently for uninterrupted Easter viewing.
On the big screen
This year there are plenty of new releases on the big screen, from biblical blockbusters to rebellious rabbits. Here are some of the best films you can catch over the Easter Weekend:
- Peter Rabbit (released 16 March) – Beatrix Potter’s beloved characters might have been given a Hollywood revamp, but they’re still just as magical and authentic as ever, with Mopsy, Flopsy, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and Peter Rabbit all making an appearance in this star-studded Easter film.
- Mary Magdalene (released 23 March) – If it’s light entertainment you’re looking for then Mary Magdalene is probably not the film for you. However, if you’re ready for some hard-hitting biblical drama then this ‘untold story’ of Jesus Christ’s life and death will give you a timely reminder of what Easter’s all about.
- Tomb Raider – (released 16 March)
Following the fortunes of famed Egyptologist Lara Croft as she tries to solve the disappearance of her father might not be particularly Easter-themed, but this soon-to-be box office smash certainly offers some much needed Easter-escapism. Is this reboot better than the 2001 original? You can be the judge of that.
Sky – Easter movies and shows
If you prefer to spend your Easter holidays at home on the sofa then Sky Movies has some new and classic films for all the family to enjoy.
- Edge of Tomorrow: Live. Die. Repeat. – available now
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – available from 20 March
- How to Train your Dragon 2 – available from 27 March
- Transformers Age of Extinction – available from 3 April
- Planes: Fire and Rescue – available from 3 April
Freeview and Freesat – Easter movies and shows
If you prefer to rely on the services of your digital television then Freesat and Freeview are sure to have some classic old films as well as some more recent movie releases. Follow these links to find out what is on Freesat and Freeview television one week before the Easter break.
Any issues just give us a call
As East Anglia’s experts in satellite and aerial installations, we can help you create a home entertainment package based on your particular needs. We also offer an emergency call out service to ensure any interruptions to your viewing are resolved as quickly as possible. For more information, please get in touch with our team.